- While standing to perform ordinary tasks like ironing or folding laundry, keep one foot on a small step stool.
- Don’t remain sitting or standing in the same position for too long. Stretch, shift your position, or take a short walk when you can.
- When bending from the waist, always use your hands to support yourself.
- When sitting, keep your knees a bit higher than your hips and bend them at a 90-degree angle. Sit with your feet comfortably on the floor. If your feet don’t reach the floor, put a book or a small stool under them.
- Because vacuuming can take a toll on your back, tackle rooms in chunks, spending no more than five to 10 minutes at a time doing this task.
Picture from renochiropractic